POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : scattering tests : scattering tests Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  scattering tests
From: Bill Hails
Date: 29 Jun 2003 18:19:08
Message: <3eff65dc@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I've been trying to get a good sand cloud effect,
and settled on type 5 scattering as my best bet.
These two animations show a blob with media and
type 5 scattering with the eccentricity value
varying from -1 to 1. The bar at the left of each
indicates the curent value, positive is up.
One image is lit from the front, the other from
the back.
They're a bit on the large side to post, so I've
linked them.

http://thyme.homelinux.net/front-lit.gif
http://thyme.homelinux.net/back-lit.gif

relevant settings:
emission rgb<0.5, 0.4, 0.1>*0.5
absorption rgb<0.5, 0.6, 0.9>*2
scattering { 5, rgb<0.5, 0.4, 0.1>*2.5 eccentricity Eccentricity }
density { colour rgb<1, 1, 1>*2 }

PS
Wouldn't it be nice to have a newsgroup dedicated
to these sorts of test renderings? Something like
povray.samples or somesuch? I know I'm not the only
one to occasionally post stuff like this :-)

--
Bill Hails